What started over 90 years ago as two small scrap operations has developed into one of the most respected and experienced recyclers in the industry and largest recycler throughout Central Illinois and Indiana.
At Mervis, we are focused on creating progressive solutions to the recycling needs of our customers and communities. Our near century long family management has built a reputation of financial stability, integrity and customer loyalty that few other recycling centers can match.
Of course, we are passionate about recycling. Recycling saves energy, conserves natural resources, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and helps manufacturers economically produce new products and recover value from their waste stream.
As our company expands and evolves, Mervis creates innovative ways to add services, increase recycling, increase value for our customers and to put new life into unused land and abandoned facilities.
Mervis Industries services extend well beyond our public and industrial recycling centers:
- Mervis Plastics provides custom grinding, colorizing, and pelletizing.
- Mervis Development constructs, operates and maintains and maintain state-of-the-art warehousing and office facilities that are custom designed to maximize opportunity for our tenants.
- Mervis Warehousing provides storage, logistic, and cross-docking services for both standard dry goods and refrigerated food products.
- Mervis Rail provides partial or full dismantling of railcars on a nationwide basis. Mervis strives to reclaim salable parts during the environmentally secure demolition of railcars
- Illini Castings produces high quality remanufactured railroad parts in our state-of-the-art and environmentally sensitive facility