2nd Shift Supervisor – Indianapolis
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The employee in this position oversees the personnel and the performance of their duties. This employee acts as the conduit for all inventories, production records and reports, updating the reports and files as well as distributing them to the appropriate managers. The employee will report directly to the Plastics Operations Manager for Mervis Industries, Inc. The candidate must be able to work 4 – 12 hour days although the current schedule is 8-10 hours/day, 5 days per week.
- Responsible for the organization, scheduling of staff and directing of the personnel involved in the production processes.
- Create the appropriate paper work to communicate to the Manager what materials are coming in and in what condition they are arriving.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Performs training when necessary for forklift, safety, and first aid.
- Manage shift production priorities.
- Manages security of the facility.
- Oversees the safety and inspections of forklifts and other production equipment that are involved in the production process.
- Maintains a safe work environment for self and others.
- Administer the safety policy as it applies to the specific location.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Ensure effective employee relations.
- Provide employee coaching and development.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Prepare and submit reports on individual and overall performance.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing or warehouse setting.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in critical situations.
- Good math skills
- Fork lift experience
- Life Insurance