Class A CDL Driver – Terre Haute – Crawfordsville – Decatur – Mattoon – Springfield
The employee in this position must operate a tractor trailer, operate a straight truck, spot roll-off boxes, spot trailers, and perform the daily maintenance that is necessary for the peak performance of the truck. The position may also require the driver to perform pick-ups as well as deliveries at a variety of locations and assist in the operation of equipment at the yard.
- Operate tractor trailer and straight truck, according to state laws and observing all traffic laws and safety regulations
- Operate roll-off controls and couple and un-couple roll off boxes.
- Make pick-ups and deliveries
- Climb loads for inspection of scrap material, and covering loads with a tarps as necessary.
- Spot roll-off boxes, dumpsters, and trailers
- Maintains any related paperwork and records
- Maintain equipment used in the performance of the job and reports any maintenance malfunctions to management
- Obtains the proper shipping documents with necessary signatures and returns the completed paperwork to the office
- Assists in the general labor duties where needed
- CDL class “A” license
- Must meet the DOT physical and medical requirements & good driving record
- Unblemished work and attendance record
- The agility to climb on and off trucks for the loading of materials, hooking and unhooking air controls and tarping loads
- The strength and flexibility to lift and move 50 pounds manually
- Basic knowledge of the vehicle he/she is to drive and the daily maintenance requirements
- Basic knowledge of the machinery he/she will be using in the yard
- The ability to follow directions and read maps
- A knowledge of the weight and load restrictions for the roll-off boxes, dumpsters, and trailers that will be pulled
- A minimum of 2 years of driving experience required