Class A CDL driver – Terre Haute
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The employee in this position must operate a tractor trailer, operate a straight truck, spot roll-off boxes, spot trailers, and perform the daily maintenance that is necessary for the peak performance of the truck. The position may also require the driver to perform pick-ups as well as deliveries at a variety of locations and assist in the operation of equipment at the yard.
1. Operate tractor trailer and straight truck, according to state laws and observing all traffic laws and safety regulations
2. Operate roll-off controls and couple and un-couple roll off boxes.
3. Make pick-ups and deliveries
4. Climb loads for inspection of scrap material, and covering loads with a tarps as necessary.
5. Spot roll-off boxes, dumpsters, and trailers
6. Maintains any related paperwork and records
7. Maintain equipment used in the performance of the job and reports any maintenance malfunctions to management
8. Obtains the proper shipping documents with necessary signatures and returns the completed paperwork to the office
9. Assists in the general labor duties where needed
1. CDL class “A” license
2. Must meet the DOT physical and medical requirements & good driving record
3. Unblemished work and attendance record
4. The agility to climb on and off trucks for the loading of materials, hooking and unhooking air controls and tarping loads
5. The strength and flexibility to lift and move 50 pounds manually
1. Basic knowledge of the vehicle he/she is to drive and the daily maintenance requirements
2. Basic knowledge of the machinery he/she will be using in the yard
3. The ability to follow directions and read maps
4. A knowledge of the weight and load restrictions for the roll-off boxes, dumpsters, and trailers that will be pulled