Commercial/Industrial Electrician – Danville IL
The employee in this position analyzes and corrects problems on electrical equipment and controls. Additionally the employee will make proper electrical installations where they are required. The tasks will require the employee to have the strength and agility to climb ladders as well as reach both high and low locations on equipment for repairs as well as installations. This employee may be part of a mechanical team on major installations, working with other trades such as machinists, pipe fitter, millwright, etc. The employee will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and works closely with all yard managers, maintenance workers, and supervisors.
This employee may be called in on night shifts and weekends to do temporary repairs as well as special installations.
- Analyze circuits, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown – in line with OSHA requirements.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Install, repair, and maintain communication cables, power distribution cables, and splicing pieces as required.
- Fabricate parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determine needs, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs and overhauls.
- Advise and caution operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
- Drug free
- Unblemished work and attendance record
- Ability to work safely/ alone in highly congested areas
- The strength and dexterity to lift and move 35-50 pounds manually in the maintenance of equipment
- The agility and flexibility to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- The ability and willingness to follow directions
- The ability to work together with other employees as a team
- Vocational school or technical training in electronics or satisfactory completion of in-plant training program.
- Adequate transportation to remote sites.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial electrical and electronics work