Coupler Welder – Illini Castings
This job requires the employee to operate grinders as well as welders. Reconditioning of couplers back to AAR specifications. This will require the employee to be trained in how to read specified AAR gauges. It is required that the employee wear a welding jacket/leathers/3M respiratory PPE. The employee will need the stamina to stand, weld, and grind for approximately 7.5 hours a day.
- Grinding to the recommended AAR gauge recommendations.
- Welding couplers to AAR gauge recommendations.
- After coupler is completed the employee must gauge to make sure that it meets the proper specifications.
- Housekeeping and any other duty specified by manager.
- Unblemished work and attendance record
- The strength and flexibility to lift and move 50 pounds manually
- The ability and willingness to follow directions
- Must be alert at all times
- The ability to work together with other employees as a team
- Basic knowledge and ability to follow the safety requirements of the job
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Prior work as a welder/ grinder or fabrication manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be able to stand/walk constantly throughout a shift.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and kneel 65% of time.
- Must be able to hear well enough to distinguish warning sounds or verbal instructions above loud noises.
- The team member is frequently required to lift and carry, or to exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist and turn occasionally
- Applicants will be required to pass a physical job requirements test prior to hire.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the team member may be regularly exposed to loud noise, moving machinery parts, outdoor weather conditions and elements, airborne particles and fumes from gas, oil, grease, and welding arcs.