Developer/Programmer – Indianapolis, IN/Remote
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The employee in this position will perform a variety of software development functions. These essential functions may include, but not be limited to; development of specific projects/programs, establishment and set-up of programs/database and communicating with departments on processes and procedures. The employee will report directly to the IT Management Team for Mervis Industries, Inc.
1. Design, build and maintain efficient reusable and reliable code.
2. Implement and integrate data storage solutions to improve functions throughout the organization
3. Help maintain code quality and organization.
4. Work with end users to determine/clarify requirements and bugs in company development projects.
5. Collaborate with IT team and other internal departments to meet goals by developing and implementing additional solutions.
6. On an as needed basis, assist internal staff with basic computer and software troubleshooting as part of IT Helpdesk team.
1. The ability to work together with other employees as a team.
2. Excellent communication skills to explain ideas and plans to non-technical staff.
3. Unblemished work and attendance record.
4. The ability and willingness to learn new skills.
5. Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
1. Proficient in Full Stack Development.
2. Proficient in ASP.NET Web Frameworks secpecifially .Net 5 and C# (ability to work with Blazor a plus).
3. Proficient in databases including My SQL and Postgresql.
4. Proficient in Visual Studio, Git Version Control, experience with Docker a plus.
5. Understanding of basic Networking concepts a plus.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field.
2. At least 3 years of developer experience.
3. Understanding of computer hardware, software and programming.