Financial Analyst Intern – Remote
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The employee in this position will perform a variety of analytical functions. This position is a paid-internship with the potential for full-time employment. These essential functions may include, but not be limited to; monitoring of specific projects/programs and analyzing potential projects for the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer. The position also includes certain communications duties. The employee will report to the Chief Financial and Chief Executive Officers for Mervis Industries, Inc.
• Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
• Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts of projects.
• At the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials for potential projects.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assists Chief Financial Officer in researching financial regulations and tax implications in potential project locations.
• In conjunction with Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer, analyzes business requirements, collect data and determine feasibility of project requests.
• Produce or assist in the production of business cases, including financial modelling and forecasting. Obtain approval to proceed.
1. Ability to work together with other employees as a team.
2. Unblemished work and attendance record.
3. Ability and willingness to learn new skills.
4. Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
1. Problem solving capabilities
2. Leadership ability
3. Ability to meet deadlines.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance in progress.
1. Must be able to stand, walk and sit throughout a shift.
2. Must be able to bend, stoop, twist and turn occasionally.
This position is a remote-work position, with the exception of in-person meetings at facilities throughout Central Illinois and Indiana.