Mervis Recycling, Decatur, IL
Posted 2 years ago
Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Decatur IL
Responsible for maintenance of Hydraulic Cranes, some OTR trucks, roll off containers, electrical systems on all mobile equipment used in the scrap metal recycling yard. Class B CDL is a plus.
- Diagnosing, repairing engines, hydraulic systems, electrical, brakes, routine maintenance.
- Replace parts and components when necessary to rebuild units at regular intervals.
- Weld parts as necessary
- Operate the machine’s controls in order to perform the designated task within the machine’s capabilities
- Recognize the machine’s limitations in order to work safely in a large variety of job situations
- Recognize operational control problems and coordinate their repair with outside vendors.
- Train and assist the operators in the routine care of the machines
- Test equipment to check operation
- Ability to work safely alone in highly congested areas
- The ability to use hand tools and trade type tools
- The strength and dexterity to lift and move 50-75 pounds manually in the maintenance of equipment
- The agility and flexibility to climb on the various machine areas to grease and clean the machine components