Posted 4 weeks ago
Incoming Quality Inspector – Illini Castings
This job requires the employee to work with our team in the yard as well as shipping and receiving. The employee will be inspecting incoming parts to determine if they are qualified for repair according to AAR inspections. This employee will also be required to train in different areas of the shop so that he may be moved when needed.
- Inspection of incoming parts to verify repair quality.
- Assisting the yard with loading and unloading of parts as well as disassembling parts.
- Cross training throughout the shop to be used where needed for production.
- Housekeeping and any other duty specified by manager.
- Unblemished work and attendance record
- The strength and flexibility to lift and move 50 pounds manually
- The ability and willingness to follow directions
- Efficiency and attention to detail
- The ability to work together with other employees as a team
- Basic knowledge and ability to follow the safety requirements of the job
- Willing to take on new responsibilities to grow within the company
- Prior work as a welder/ grinder or fabrication manufacturing is preferred.
- Prior work cutting and torching is preferred.
- Prior work around heavy machinery.
- Must be able to stand/walk constantly throughout a shift.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and kneel 65% of time.
- Must be able to hear well enough to distinguish warning sounds or verbal instructions above loud noises.
- The team member is frequently required to lift and carry, or to exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist and turn occasionally
- Applicants will be required to pass a physical job requirements test prior to hire.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the team member may be regularly exposed to loud noise, moving machinery parts, outdoor weather conditions and elements, airborne particles and fumes from gas, oil, grease, and welding arcs.