Non-Ferrous Retail Buyer – Decatur IL
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: An employee in this position will be responsible for the overall function of the non-ferrous warehouse to include interfacing with customers verbally, grading and buying scrap, and processing and preparing for outbound shipment. The employee will report directly to Non Ferrous Manager. As in all of the positions at the facility, this employee will be responsible for the everyday housekeeping and maintenance of the equipment that is used.
- Greet and assist customers in purchasing non-ferrous metal.
- Able to operate a forklift preferred, but will train.
- Upgrade material when possible.
- Maintain a clean work area during and at the end of the shift.
- Sort scrap to upgrade and remove nonconforming items.
- Ensure all PPE and all safety requirements are performed daily.
- Contact supervisor or manager for additional customer service needed or maintenance in the retail area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication with customer service skills.
- Have basic computer and math skills.
- Responsible for taking accurate customer weights for purchasing.
- Good judgmental skills towards grading of material.
- Ability to multi-task in priority.
- Ability to work on feet most of day.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.