Parts Clerk – Cannon
The primary function of this position is to operate the parts department which consists of purchasing required materials, inventory control, picking up parts, and maintaining job orders. In the course of these duties, the employee will be expected to use step stools to reach and lift parts into place as well as moving parts manually that might weigh up to 30 pounds. In addition, the parts clerk will assist the Garage Manager in any clerical duties that might be needed, including answering the inquiries from the yard managers.
- Purchasing – ordering parts needed in everyday operation of the facility
- Inventory Control – maintaining and accurate parts list and restocking the parts department
- Maintaining job orders – invoicing proper divisions for parts and service
- Drug free
- Unblemished work and attendance record
- Self-motivated and able to see what needs to be done
- The strength and flexibility to lift and move up to 30 pounds and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- The agility to use step stools in the course of reaching for a part and placing parts
- The ability to work as a team with fellow employees
- Valid driver’s license
- Specific training as a parts clerk
- A working knowledge of machinery, engines and parts
- Basic clerical skills for inventory control
- Must have experience as a parts clerk or lengthy service in a parts department
- Experience in record keeping.