Truck/Trailer Mechanic – Decatur IL
Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and preform repairs, preventative maintenance and safety inspections on equipment and trailers. Follow all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations.
- Do all repairs and required preventative maintenance of trailers
- Understanding of DOT info on trailers and AVI
- Perform all safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by FMCSA, company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations.
- Major and minor parts changing, suspension and wheel end maintenance
- Welding and cutting operations
- Identify equipment issues on trailers that could cause a safety issue or equipment failure
- Perform routine inspection of work area to ensure proper housekeeping.
- Follow Daily Procedures & Protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
- Have your own tools to complete assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to FMCSA
- CDL Preferred (knowledge of standard manual truck)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, kneel, bend, sit and use stairs or a ladder.