Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Danville Garage
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Responsible for maintenance of Hydraulic Cranes, some OTR trucks, roll off containers, electrical systems on all mobile equipment used in the scrap metal recycling yard. Class B CDL is a plus.
• Diagnosing, repairing engines, hydraulic systems, electrical, brakes, routine maintenance.
• Replace parts and components when necessary to rebuild units at regular intervals.
• Weld parts as necessary
• Operate the machine’s controls in order to perform the designated task within the machine’s capabilities
• Recognize the machine’s limitations in order to work safely in a large variety of job situations
• Recognize operational control problems and coordinate their repair with outside vendors.
• Train and assist the operators in the routine care of the machines
• Test equipment to check operation
• Ability to work safely alone in highly congested areas
• The ability to use hand tools and trade type tools
• The strength and dexterity to lift and move 50-75 pounds manually in the maintenance of equipment
• The agility and flexibility to climb on the various machine areas to grease and clean the machine components